This week's Togetherness edition is dedicated to the foreigners who have adopted Portugal as their home. What has driven them to make this life-changing decision? What are the sunny and the shadowy sides of Portugal? Which good lessons can Portugal teach to their native countries? Find out the surprising answers to these questions. Home is - definitely - where the heart is.
Quinta da Palmeira – Country House Retreat & Spa
1. How long do you live in Portugal ?
I live in Portugal for 10 years.
2. Why did you decide to move to Portugal?
I have decided to move to Portugal to run a tourism in the country house.
3. What are the sunny and the shadowy sides of Portugal?
The sunny side is definitely the weather and the hours of sun along the year. But also the gastronomy and the hospitality of the Portuguese. The shadowy side is the bureaucracy and the politics with some of its bad practices.
4. Which lessons can your native country learn from Portugal?
Holland could live more in the present time. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
5. What can Portugal learn from your native country?
Portugal could learn to organise work in a more efficient way.
6. What have you learned with the Portuguese "saudade"?
The word "saudade" has taught me that no matter the place where you are living, family and true friends will always be there for you.